Monday, February 14, 2011

Take a breath and relax

Well that is what I will do until Wednesday morning when I will be meeting a director of Romeo Homes at the house. This all came to a head on Wednesday and Thursday last week.

I was in the process of drafting a detailed letter to Romeo discussing our disappointment at the delays and the claim for inclement weather. Just as I was reviewing it with her indoors I got an email from the construction manager with a breakdown of inclement weather. "Unfortunately I don't know what was booked for the days you requested." and "whilst work may not have been booked for your job delays at other projects will effect yours." After picking my jaw up from the floor for this stupidity I redrafted my letter to the top level at Romeo.

That night I got a reply from one director who passed the buck to the other because he deals with the job up to permits. He still tried to defend the method of counting every work day with rain of more than one millimeter. "Rain is a pain in the ass."

Thursday morning I sent a response including 8 reasons why this method was wrong and unethical. Such as most of the days claimed included work on the site. Lots of the days were after the house was wrapped. They only provided this information when it was asked for.

Later that day I got an email from the other director, the one responsible for construction, he will now take over our construction "to repair our relationship" with Romeo. So Wednesday morning I'm meeting him at the house to go through what's next.

My main aim is to make sure everything that is supposed to done for fixing invoice has been done.


Cornice still not done in kitchen.


Garage still not finished.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Good luck for your meeting tomorrow, I hope your please explains get answers, and most importantly - a completion date!

    ReplyDelete