Saturday, January 29, 2011

Called Builder....

Yesterday I phoned Romeo for an update on my queries and to get an idea how things are going.  Our construction manager was in a meeting, so the receptionist organised for the site supervisor to call me.  He called reasonably soon.  I asked him about the sill bricks and he said he is organising for a brickie to come by and fix them up.

I asked him what was next.  Apparently plastering is booked for today and then painting to start next Friday.  I also asked when the house would be finished.  He said "as soon as possible hopefully two weeks."  Now I will believe this when I see it and given they have the following to go:
  • Plastering Garage
  • Plastering Alfresco
  • Alfresco Decking
  • Verandah Timberwork
  • Walk in Robe Shelving
  • Picture Rail in Master Bedroom
  • Skirting in Master Bedroom Robes
  • Cornices in kitchen and laundry and around man hole
  • Door Handles and Locks including windows (keyed alike)
  • Electrical Fit Off
  • Painting
  • Sanding and Painting floorboards
  • Staining alfresco deck
  • Tiling
  • Bathroom Mirrors
  • Ensuite Shower Glass
  • Bathroom Shower
  • Splashback 
  • Plumbing Fit off
  • Down Pipes
  • Stained glass to front
  • Garage doors
  • Carpet
  • Evaporative Cooling
  • Sub Floor Insulation
  • Ceiling Insulation
  • Solar Hot Water
  • Gas Ducted Heating
  • Ducted Vacuuming
  • Appliance Fit Off

Two weeks for that?  I would love to see it.

4 comments:

  1. You would be looking at more like a month to finish all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Jay. The rate that things have been happening I would give about 1 week for each item on that list. But this is being pesimistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just a couple of questions.

    1. What angle are the sill bricks supposed to be, i measured the display home at doreen to be between 7deg to 15 deg off parallel.
    2. did you get leaf guard installed when the gutters were installed, if so what type?

    regards
    David

    ReplyDelete
  4. David,

    I don't know what angle the sill bricks are meant to be. It is more of an aesthetic thing. Having them downwards at about 15 degrees I think looks good.

    Also I haven't put any leaf guards on the gutters. I figured that I would do this myself later, if I see too many leaves.

    ReplyDelete