Monday, September 13, 2010

Been a while

Sorry about the lack of updates.   Unfortunately not too much has been happening so I haven't had too much to say.  I went around on Sunday and saw the following:
They've added a temporary front doo, so we are now unfortunately locked out, I still don't count this as lock up though.  Above the bedroom window is a big opening, if we get strong wind a rain plenty of water will come in, so I want those filled in before anything is done inside.

This is a pile of al of the stuff that has been swept out from inside.  It's a good place to dump it as I don't like the way the water is building up here.  If you look to the bottom left of the photo that is my really good engineering fix on the drainage.  That is a flexible down pipe that I have weighed down with some bricks to try to help get the water level down.  It appears to be working as the water is about a brick and half lower than usual.

Here is the other temporary door that is stopping us from getting in.  There is also a fresh pile of cement mortar which I think has been used to bed in the bath and boys shower base.

The blueboard to the left is to fill in the gaps I mentioned aboce and the bits of timber neatly placed under the wrap must be for all of the nice features at the front.

It's still a bit of a mud puddle on the side but I think my drainage is starting to work.

There are still a few gaps above the wrap around the house that need to be fixed up before the bricking is done.
We now have to look at everything through windows.  Here you can see the sliding door cavity in the laundry.

Here's some of the laundry plumbing
This is looking from the Alfresco window toward the WIP on the left and the kitchen bench pipework.

No comments:

Post a Comment