Monday, December 20, 2010

House Tour

Yesterday we took a group of friends for a tour through the house.  It is great to have other people look at things and offer their opinions.  One suggestion was to not fix the flat sill bricks in the alfresco area.
This was so that you can put furniture right up next to the walls and you also have an extra flat area to put your drinks down.  Whilst I think this is an excellent idea I just shudder at the thought of trying to make sure that this gets through to the builder so that the correct bricks are left not sloped.

Another thing that needs to be done once we are in is to move the huge pile of soil in the back yard around to level out areas.  I was planning on hiring a little digger and doing this myself, as I thought that it would be a lot of fun.  This probably won't happen now as it is quite hard to do with no practical experience or skill and given you can hire someone with their own digger for about the hire cost of the equipment I think I will go down that path.  Oh well one less toy to play with.

Also I have had a query as to what my issue is with the nailing of the flooring.  AS1684.2 Cl 5.5.4.3 states "Nails shall be 10 mm from all edges and at 150 mm centres at ends and butt joints for square edge sheets." which is similar to plywood sheets as shown below:
The nails in our flooring seem to be at least 200 mm apart at the ends and butt joints.  It would be nice to have a house that meets the requirements of the code.

No comments:

Post a Comment