Thursday, December 23, 2010

72 DAYS???!!!!

I received an email from the Construction Coordinator in response to my letter.  The only response they could give was on the inclement weather days, 72 days.  The contract allowed for 10 inclement weather days.  That's an extra 2 months on top of an 11 month contract.  If they add that to the current finish line it will be May next year by the time the house is finished.

I immediately sent an email back asking to give me a break down of the days and what trades had been booked for those days.  I think if I get a chance on the break I will have a very detailed look back through this blog to see what was happening when and how 72 days could be added to the contract.  I did a quick look BOM and found that it rained 160 days since they started, 99 of which were over 1mm and 77 were over 2mm.  Why does the drought have to break when we are building a house.


On another note I think I will now have about a years supply of green mulch as per Fu Manchu on Homeone's Landscape and Garden Design Forum recommendations.  My parents had about 6 massive trees cut down at their house yesterday and my dad has a new awesome mulcher.  So with more mulch than he knows what to do with I will taking some for our current house and then when the new place is finally done I can get heaps for there too.

1 comment:

  1. Far out!!! I would not be a happy customer if I were you and now the office is closed??? I know we seem to have reached a brick wall on progress but am putting it down to the time of the year,but we haven't started yet - how long did they say originally it would take to build. Once its at lock up stage there is no reason that weather should affect progress. Keep me posted on what Romeo have to say.

    ReplyDelete