Sunday, July 4, 2010

More Bricking Photos

I bought myself a pair of gum boots and traipsed around the house today.  Here are some photos of bricks so far.
This is looking from the rumpus room, across the alfresco towards the front of the house.
Side of the garage.  They have used the wrong mortar finish, this looks like ironed rather than the raked that we specified, see the image below.  I sent an email to Romeo today and I will follow up with a phone call.
This is about where our kitchen window will go.
 This is looking along the side of our garage.  They look reasonably straight.
This is where our garage door will go.  I'm not sure why there is a footing here and why there is a step in the footing, given that there will be a slab in there and eventually a driveway.
I think I would have been standing in our pantry taking this photo.  Notice how they haven't engaged these piers yet.
Bit of a wonky brick here.
The brickies cut holes in our down pipes to drain the footings.  I hope that these holes can be fixed.  I've taken photos of them all so that I can ensure that they can get repaired.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting to finally see some real action!! Hope the brickwork mortar can be fixed before they go too far!! We are off on Tuesday to look at heaps of things; have just started to go through the specs with a fine tooth comb.

    ReplyDelete