Thursday, October 15, 2009

Where to put the water tank?

I had a call from the sales guy yesterday regarding where to put the water tank. Apparently the draftee was concerned about having the tank too close to the foundations. This got me thinking.

Ideally as the block slopes down toward the back and to the north I would prefer to have the tank at the lowest point. Unfortunately there is an easement at the back and I didn't want to be too close to that. I did a quick google to see I anyone else had had a similar experience with an underground tank but had no luck.

I the called the engineering department at the local council and was put through to the easement expert. Unfortunately he didn't know too much but he did end up getting back to me andsaid that there was really no guidance for excavating into the easement. He even called me back again to say that the only litation I have is that I should try stay at least 1.5m away from the back fence.

Now the easement is 8 feet (2.4m it was set up in 1950) wide so to be safe I will put the tank 2.5m from the back fence and 1.5m from the side fence.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhones

No comments:

Post a Comment