Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Blogging on the run

This is a test of blogging from my iPhone. I thought that I would see if this works OK and then I may not need to steel the laptop off her indoors.

I had a call from the sales guy today and supposedly we'll have the contract this afternoon. I will believe it when I see it.

We've spent the last few days trying to organize service abolishment before demolition and sorting out things for the water tank. I've even been playing with sketchup a little more to help with colour selections I'll post some images and models when I get a chance. I may need to borrow the laptop for that.

Called Tru energy which was the supplier for our gas and power stated on the section 32. They were very helpful and immediately emailed the forms to arrange for abolishment of gas and electricity.

I wasn't sure if I had to organize removal of telstra and Optus cables becAuse these weren't mentioned on any of the demolition quotes that we had received. I thought that it was better to be safe than sorry so I called Optus as I had a vague recollection of an optus box and a cable coming into the old house. After about 5 minutes on the phone I was told that a contractor will be out next Thursday. Very handy and convenient. Then I tried Telstra....

This was an entirely different story. After being put on hold several times I was given the number of a contractor to call. I then went through a convoluted menu system that seemed constantly tell me to call other numbers. I finally got to a person who guess what... Told me to call another number. Finally after a similar "phone someone else" menu system I spoke to someone who asked every question you could think of. I was getting a little concerned however because all the way through this third degree I was never asked the address of the place requiring the service removal. Finally after about 20 minutes I was given a receipt number and told to give this number when things don't happen. An interesting experience.

2 comments:

  1. how are they going to do the work if they don't know the address?>>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, they did eventually ask for the address, but it was the last question they asked after the third degree. I will let you know if anything eventuates with the phone lines.

    ReplyDelete