Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bricks and site clean

Why did it have to be over 30 on the only weekend that we had a chance to move bricks around the site.  I suppose I can't complain too much, at least it was dry.  We spent some of Saturday and a huge chunk of Sunday scavenging the remaining bricks around the site.  The brickies over their time on the site had managed to amass so many different piles of bricks that with only two rows on one clean pallet and one row on another (about 100 bricks) we managed to find over 700 bricks to stack in the backyard.  Even with the help of my parents and the kids piling bricks in areas to make it easier for me it was still very hard work.  Whilst pressed bricks are nice and solid they are also bloody heavy.  I think I sweated more moving bricks than I did riding around the bay.

Luckily we did do our brick scavenge on the weekend, because on Monday we were treated to our first site clean.  I haven't managed to get to site yet, however her indoors has had a good look and taken some photos, however I don't have anything to upload yet.

2 comments:

  1. Hi There!

    I have been following your blog for some time now as we are also building with Premier / Romeo...we are building the Coventry and are also going on stumps. We are just at the drawings stage now and we are having hassles with the overall height of the house given that we have increased the ceiling heights to 9ft. Just wondering if you had any similar issues with ResCode restrictions on building height? If so, how did you deal with these issues?

    I would also love to hear any feedback you have on dealing with Premier / Romeo in these early stages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's happening with you at the moment, looks like its slowing down to snail's pace, just when you want it to go quicker!!! We have settled on our land now, just waiting for soil test results and site costs to come back. We can then proceed to contract and get final plans, hopefully we can start in January.

    ReplyDelete